Sunday, January 17, 2010



Ahhhhhhhhhh. "Home" again on Veda L. We flew back on 1/13/09 and it is nice to be with our Emerald Bay family http://www.marinaatemeraldbay.com/ who took exceptional care of Veda L. in our absence, actually she looked better when we returned! Although no one will take the credit; our white tube fenders (which I was ready to replace due to their blackened look) all of a sudden are almost like new! We were also having Yamaha engine trouble (the tender), so of course Glenroy, our Harbor master knew someone who was able to come out and get us up and running so we feel safe in venturing off-shore for our lobster/grouper and photo opportunities!
We had a lovely dinner at Big D's, conch fritters, cracked conch and best of all...the company of Ms. Erica Munroe, the former executive asst. to the general manager of Emerald Bay Marina, but is here training staff now. Truly one of the joyful individuals that makes the Emerald Bay Marina such a joyful spot to be!


The flight was fabulous, when you have a clear & sunny day is there a more beautiful flight than from Miami to Georgetown? Being able to see the sudden depth of the Gulf Stream brings back memories of the first time I watched our depth gauge start to spin after going from 30' to 80', then 150' to 300' then into the infinite depths of the abyss! Beautiful from the air, but not our favorite stopping spot was Bimini; then on south over banks of unknown sandbars, small cays, recognizing some of them from the air. Other passengers must think I am enjoying my first flight ever as I move from one side of the plane to the other, back a few seats and then up again to get my best vantage point. Click, click, click....my shutter goes and Bob does not even look up anymore to see where I have gone, he is used to my photographic antics while flying. I have attached a favorite pictures from this flight, some are like abstract paintings. If I ever redecorate my house I can picture a white room filled with poster or larger prints of these on white walls. If anyone ever wants copies of any of my photos just let me know, I do sell my photos, either in mats or in photo cards.