Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ahhhhh yes.... Tranquility and a slice of heaven; aquamarine waters, huge groupers, too many lobsters to count on a reef! I was going to get a second picture of a very large black grouper when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a nice sized reef shark just beyond my "subject" needless to say I did not take the second picture. What was funny is that the first time I got back into our tender after our first dive I had a hard time remembering how I would easily get back into the boat without the ladder; a good swift kick of the fins, grabbing the appropriate bar of the steering console, and whoosh I would be in! the second reef that we visited and Mr. Shark was in the water, I had no trouble remembering technique. Bob laughed and said "no problem getting in fast that time!" While cleaning shrimp for dinner off the aft deck we had a lot of splashing in the water below. we got out the spotlight thinking that my pal Mr. Reef Shark may be paying us a visit, but it was just Bubba the Barracuda and his pals the Jacks (Bubba and the Jacks) and a Nurse Shark.

We are now located in the Exuma Land and Sea Park, zoom in and have a look...

Life is Swell on Veda L!