Monday, January 06, 2014

November 2013 was a happy homecoming for us as we once again returned to Davis Harbour on South Eleuthera.  I hate to tell people how wonderful it is as I would like to just keep it for ourselves, but since our friend Glen Smith took over as Director of Operations, this should become the idyllic destination for cruisers/sailors who are looking  for the real Bahamian experience in boating! 

Our happy staff!  We can not call them staff however... they are our family, (except for the two who I will leave unnamed who scared the B-Jeezus out of me today with a big ol snake-dead but still a snake....  First one I have seen thank God. 

Bob's sail hut; we found out last year that the sea in front of the marina is also a perfect windsurf area, Bob has miles beautiful clear and mostly shallow waters to himself!

Here he comes in for a jibe!

Just one of the several lobster that did not  move fast enough  to avoid his spear!

Another bounty from the sea....conch!  Yummy, but only Bob can do the cleaning, too icky for me, but I sure do like to eat them once they are caught, cleaned, tenderized and cooked by the Capt!

We took our friend   Daryl (divemaster) with us on a fishing trip on Veda L, these Mahi Mahi both hit a line at the same time, so it was pretty fun bringing in two at the same time.

 OK....I didn't land it; but I drove the boat while Bob landed it!
My stand up paddle board, also known as an SUP, I watched a large eagle ray glide beneath my board that day, yes, that is really the color of the water...swimming pool blue!